About Esperance Residential College
Esperance Residential College, the Esperance Senior High School and the Southern Regional TAFE are all situated on the Esperance Community College campus and work in partnership to meet the education needs of people in the Esperance region.
Our priority is to make sure that the students at Esperance Residential College access the educational resources on offer and achieve to their potential. We offer students 24-hour care and supervision, one to one tutoring in all subject areas, online tutoring, computer links to the Esperance Senior High School and the Southern Regional TAFE databases, and access to the Esperance Community College Library.
Esperance Residential College provides students with a comfortable and pleasant living environment and is well equipped with indoor and outdoor recreation facilities.
College staff provide students with a range of positive role models. The Supervisory staff generally look after the direct care and development of students in a 24 hour role, including weekends. All staff have a F Class Licence, St Johns First Aid, and if possible, a Surf Rescue Certificate.
Staff liaise directly with parents and the school in ensuring your child’s progress is monitored. To assist with study the College employs tutors on a weekly basis, generally in the Maths and English area.
Our ancillary staff are employed during normal working hours and provide the essential services such as cleaning, laundry and meal preparation. The cleaner attends to each room at least once a week and the laundry is completed each week day. Student laundry facilities are provided for students wishing to do their own washing.
College Board of Management
The Board's main functions include:
- Presiding over the care and development of children living away from home so that they can pursue their studies.
- They select and monitor the conduct and performance of College staff.
- They need to be able to demonstrate that parents are well satisfied with the way in which their children are being cared for, supervised and supported in their personal development and that there is good communication between the College staff and parents.
- They need to provide assurance that the students are getting quality assistance with their homework and that the College staff liaise positively and closely with the students’ teachers.
- They need to provide assurance that the students are well presented in their dress and behaviour and that the College is working to create and maintain a good public profile and reputation.
- They need to be able to demonstrate that college management is of a high standard, that operational processes and procedures are well organised, risks properly managed, College priorities are being addressed properly and College resources are being used efficiently.
BOARD Meetings and Member selection
The Esperance Board of Management has 12 members from a range of backgrounds. Board members meet on the last Friday of every month (except on school/public holidays) in the College Board room.
The first meeting of each calendar year is followed by a Annual General Meeting at which time the positions of Chairperson, Vice Chairperson and Treasurer are declared vacant.
Positions as Parent Representatives are open to parents who currently have students residing at the College. Parents are asked to nominate and voting slips are sent to all parents with a brief background of each nomination. First past the post is used to decide the parent representative.
Other positions, such as Community and Financial representatives, are from nominations to be considered by the existing Board. Members serve a three year term. The Board holds up to 8 meetings per year. A quorum is necessary for meetings to commence.
Need some more information?
For more information about Esperance Residential College, call the College on (08) 9071 9666 or send an email to email@example.com
Student Concerns & Complaints
It's OK to have concerns and complaints about what might happen at school or where you are living during the school year.
Parents / carers are always a first option for you to talk with about your concerns. However, we understand that there may be times when you want help from someone else.
We've complied a document to help you know who to contact, so you get the right help at the right time.
Parent Survey Comparisson
The Country High School Hostels Authority surveys parents every 2 years.
In 2010, the college received a rating of 93%, and in 2006,a rating of 90%.
In 2012, the college received a rating of 95.65%, as being either good or better than good in terms of the overall parent satisfaction survey. In 2014, Esperance Residential College has received a high rating in all cateogries.
Your opinions are really valued. If you have any issues please feel free to discuss these confidentially with the College Manager.